Sunday, January 13, 2013

January 13, 2012

The kids went back to school this week and things went back to usual.  It's nice to get back into the regular routine.  I started preschool with Seth again.  I found an easier lesson plan for it that takes less prep time, so  I think I'll be better at keeping it going.  But Seth wasn't super excited about it.  We only did half of the lesson.  But I'm hoping it'll get better and better.  Hopefully he'll be ready and excited to go to real preschool next year.

All three kids got into the Somerset Charter school.  I don't know what to do about it. I applied because they opened a new campus so this year we'd have a good chance of getting in. It makes sense to me to send them all there.  It's a smaller school with smaller class sizes and there are tons of good kids there. It's elementary and middle school together so they'd all be at the same place. I've never met anyone who had anything bad to say about it.  And I really don't want our kids to go to one of the public high schools and if they're in the charter school system then it'll be easy to get them in the high school. There are so many bad things that go on at the public h.s. from what I hear from the youth.  I'm not feeling a strong yes or no when I pray about it, but I'm not as excited about it as I should be. I can't tell yet if that's because the answer is no or because I really don't like that the school is in a strip mall and there isn't a good playground or windows inside the building.

No comments: