Sunday, October 6, 2013

October 6, 2013

We started family school this week.  I thought it was great.  We worked on manners both times and had treats both times.  I think that will be key.  They kids seemed to respond well.  I'm excited for this.

We got a kitten. I've been feeling bad that we failed at having a dog, so we thought maybe we should start with an easier pet and Rachel has been dying for a kitten, so we did it.  Her name is Cosmo and we've had her for a week.  So far it's been great.  She sleeps under the couch most of the day so I hardly see her when the kids aren't home and her mess is contained.  And the kids adore her.  And hold her most of the time they're at home.

Rachel decided she's going to run for Treasurer in her Student Council.  I'm so proud of her.  She has to write a speech and make posters.  Should be fun.  And I signed Rachel and Danny up for a field trip to AstroCamp in March.  There are only 100 students from the school going, but Danny loved Sea Camp so much I thought we'd try this one.  It's a science and leadership camp.  I'm glad the two of them get to go together.

Ruby is potty training.  My mom got her started again while she was at her house.  She said she did great there, but since she's been home, she won't poop in the toilet.  It's been two weeks now and it's getting a little frustrating.  I hope she figures it out soon.

No comments: