Sunday, October 23, 2016

October 23, 2016

Bob, Danny and Rachel are in Virginia right now.  They went to go visit Bob's grandparents.  They're having a great time. Since Bob was going to be gone, I asked my mom to come visit.  She came Monday night and Bob and the kids left wednesday night.  She left Sunday morning and they come back sunday night.  We've had a great week.  She was here for Aaron's birthday.  He chose to go out to TGIFridays for dinner and and target and we had donuts in the morning. My mom and I went to the temple and went shopping and did some family history and all my regular stuff, but it was fun to have someone here to do it with.

I've been working at the school a couple of days a week.  I don't love being on call, but it's nice to be at the school sometimes and it's so much better than working full time!

We had stake conference last weekend.  Several people talked about going to the temple once a week.  I was kind of thinking I'd get to the temple twice a month now that I'm not working, but it made me realize that I should definitely go once a week.  I'm excited for that goal.  Also Elder Cornish came to our stake conference.  I loved his conference talk and his talks at stake conference were so good too. Very similar to the things Valerie talked about in her seminar that I just finished.

We had another girl incident with Danny. Apparently he held a girl's hand at school.  I got all kinds of reports from people that it happened, but when I asked him he lied to me repeatedly.  We had a pretty miserable 2 weeks where he was so grumpy and mean.  He gets like that every time something like this has happened.  Bob always tries to tell me it's regular teenage boy stuff, but I'm so thankful for the Spirit that keeps at me to figure out what's going on.  We had a great talk once he finally told the truth and it was so great to get to share some of the things I have learned from Valerie with him.  He hasn't ever done anything horrible with girls, but they are sure a temptation for him and after he does it he has such guilt it just tears him apart. Parenting teenagers can be so hard, but I can't imagine how much harder it would be without the spirit.

No comments: