Sunday, December 12, 2010

December 12

I'm getting more energy and getting more used to how many little people are in our house now. I'm done bleeding now, which is the earliest that has ever happened for me. And hopefully I'll be able to start exercising in a week or so. I still have 15 pounds to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm excited to be able to go to the gym and get back into swimming and spinning and exercise as hard as I want and not have to worry about my heart rate getting too high or my knees bumping into my stomach or anything like that.

I'm always amazed at how blessed I am as a mom especially when I have a new baby around. It's so hard to get used to all the work and lack of sleep the first few months. This time I've really noticed those blessings in an increase in patience. I was worried before Ruby came that I'd be inpatient and not as loving as I should be to the other kids. I started praying a few months ago that I'd be able to be nice when I was sleep deprived. This week I've noticed how calm I've been with the kids the last few weeks even with a new baby and then I remembered my prayer and I realized it is my prayer being answered.

Ruby is one month now. She's filling in nicely. She still isn't really round, but she's not so scrawny and wrinkly looking. She's smiling a little. And she's spitting up a ton! I'm taking her in for a checkup and to see if she has reflux tomorrow. She can't ever sleep laying down because she'll choke or just spit up all over herself. So Bob and I take turns sleeping in the recliner or on the couch with her to keep her at least at an angle a little.

We started a new Christmas tradition last night. We had a fondue party. We had cheese fondue for dinner, which the kids love. Then we had chocolate fondue for dessert. Then we watched a Christmas movie.

I'm just about done with Christmas shopping. Just a few little things to even the kids out and stocking stuffers. I think Bob and I are going to go take care of those last things together this weekend.

No comments: