Sunday, July 1, 2012

July 1, 2012

Yesterday was our 11th anniversary.  Bob got me a "delayed 10th anniversary" gold band.  It was so thoughtful of him.  We had plans to go to a nicer restaurant, but our babysitter forgot.  So we had Danny watch the kids and we stayed close and went to TGIFridays.  And we went swimsuit shopping for Bob.  Mostly we're just getting so excited for our cruise next week.

The kids have been busy with the Deans and swimming.  They're working well on their summer goals.  All the kids took swimming lessons for one week. And then Seth and Aaron continued for another week.  Aaron picked up the strokes really fast.  I almost had him convinced to do the swim team, but he changed his mind.  Maybe next year. I think it might be good for him to have a different sport than Danny.

My eyes have still been dry.  I tried temporary tear duct plugs this week.  They seemed to help.  So I'll get permanent plugs put in after we get back from our cruise.  And I really need to work on getting more sleep.  If I get 8 hours a night, I can tell a big difference in my eyes.  But it's so hard to give up time to relax or get things done after kids are in bed, so I go to bed late. And then I love my exercise schedule I have going right now so I get up early for that.  (Right now I'm going to spin classes on Monday and Friday, swim laps on Wednesday and go to a bootcamp class on Thursdays)

Bob gave me a blessing this week for comfort with my eyes.
  • The Lord is pleased with the little things I'm doing and he will bless me as I extend myself. (I can and need to do more to serve)
  • I will regain much of my functionality with my eyes. (That's ok because my back only regained some of it's functionality and I'm able to work well with that)
  • I'll be able to wait (read ensign article and study that word)
  • Talk to doctors about things that can potentially bless me
  • Will be guided to know what will help
  • Be patient, don't worry
  • Read scriptures and study things of eternity--things will be opened up to me.

No comments: