Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 7, 2014

For Labor Day weekend, we went to visit Ryan and Venessa.  Grandma and Grandpa and Grandma Donna, Kristal and Dustin came too. We went to Magic Mountain on Friday. Everyone had a great time. Then Saturday we went to the beach. The everyone had a great time boogie boarding and playing in the sand.  Danny fished with Ryan. We stayed until Monday morning.

While we were at Ryan's, Bob talked to his grandparents and his grandpa mentioned that if we wanted it we could buy their house and 5 acres in Virginia for $100,000 next summer when they downsize.  I had been feeling like I need a purpose or something to root me especially since the deans moved and Las Vegas isn't a dreamy for us as it was. I was actually praying that weekend for something new or to give me more purpose or something.  At first we were both really excited about the idea. But then we realized that even though we wouldn't have much of a house payment there, Bob would probably make significantly less money so we'd end up about the same as we are now. That's not what I want because if we were that far from family, I'd want to have better finances so we could come out to visit more and it's going to cost a lot to get 7 people across the country for a visit.  So Bob still wants to feel that situation out and see if we could make it work somehow, but it's also been great because it's helped me see what a good situation we're in here, even without the Deans.

Ruby gets her tonsils out on Friday.  About 2 months ago I started noticing that she was talking like there was something in her throat.  And then we knew she snores a lot, but didn't notice much more. All the kids go through phases of snoring.  Then we went to Lake Tahoe and she slept in our room and we noticed how hard she was working to breathe.  Her chest goes concave to try to pull in her breaths.  So I took her to our doctor when we got back and he said her tonsils were big so he sent us to an ENT.  He looked and said they are enormous and are 4 times the normal size. He had me look. They seemed to me like they were the size of a walnut on both sides.  That doesn't leave much room to breathe.

No comments: