Wednesday, April 15, 2015

April 14, 2015

Bob and I go to Europe tomorrow.  Bob put in hours and hours over the last few months planning things.  Now my work has been in the last few days arranging all the things for the kids.  I wish I was a little more excited, but right now I just feel sad about missing my kids.  Hopefully we keep busy enough that it won't get too bad.  And it'll be nice that our phones will have service a lot better than on our cruise.  I've been praying and fasting that the trip will go well for all of us and I'll come home to things just as we left it.  So that feels good that I think we'll be taken care of, but I miss my kids already.

At the end of March I hurt my elbow.  I was sleeping one night and woke up and when I bent my arm I felt hot, stabbing nerve pain in my elbow.  For 2 days I couldn't bend my elbow past 45 degrees. I could still do most of the important things like making food and driving kids, but I couldn't do anything for me like my hair and makeup or get dress.  It was frustrating.  Then it started to get better, but I probably still should have been more easy on it.  It was still a little achey but I could bend it.  So I just stated doing everything with it.  By about a week later I was getting tingling in my hand and fingers from it.  So I really took it easy for several days and went to a doctor and he gave me an anti-inflammatory and that's helping a lot.  Hopefully it'll be all the way better by the end of our trip.

For Spring Break we went to Cowabunga Bay one day.  We got passes there for the summer.  We had a great time.  Ruby is just barely under the height requirement for all the good rides.  Hopefully she'll grow a little this summer.  Then one day we all went to the temple.  My mom had sent Danny some names to do baptisms for and we're trying to get him to the temple at least every other month.  So we all drove over one morning.  I went in with Danny to make sure he got where he was supposed to be and then I left him and grabbed some cinnamon rolls from the cafeteria.  Then the rest of us walked around the grounds and ate.  Everyone loved it.  Especially Ruby.

On Thursday we went to Visalia for Easter.  We got there a day before everyone else.  Grandma took Danny shopping for his birthday and we went to see a movie. Once everyone got there, we had a birthday party for all the April birthdays.  My mom did a fishing and sports theme since that's what Danny and Ryan like.  We played frisbee golf in the backyard and had a fish race by squirting goldfish in a rain gutter.  We also watched conference and went to the park.

Ballet is over.  It was fun. But it was a basic barre that didn't really ever change and it was kind of expensive for that.

Seth is still loving karate. And the girls are doing great in dance.  Aaron and Rachel just signed up for Track at somerset.  I'm excited for them to do that.  Aaron and Danny are also doing basketball.


No comments: