Sunday, June 21, 2009

June 21

We have totally failed at the thumbsucking. He says he doesn't want to suck his thumb, but he makes no effort. He sucks as much as he ever did before. Bummer. And his tantrums are still going strong. Some days are better than others, but it's still really hard.

Last weekend Seth and I went to Houston to go to Casey's wedding. We had a great time. Seth was a dream. He was so adaptable and happy. He slept and ate when he needed to and was easy to entertain. Casey's wedding was wonderful. He and Kami looked so happy. We went to Galvaston on Sunday before we left. The water was warm there, but so gross looking. It was so brown and the beaches weren't beautiful gulf beaches. And there was still lots of evidence of Hurricane Ike that came through a year ago. Bob did great with the kids while I was gone.

Thursday this week we went to the Excalibur for the night. They have good rates right now because of the economy so we went for one night. And Bob just came over after work and left in the morning. We played in the hotel and pool and watched High School Musical 3 because Danny wanted it. The pool had a waterslide and Danny loved it. He's getting so big he'd get in line and go down it all by himself and he and Rachel are getting to be pretty good swimmers so I didn't need to worry about them. And Aaron had a floaty that he was happy with. The kids and I went to the pool Friday morning also without Bob because he'd gone back to work. I was a little worried going by myself, but I really felt like the Spirit was with me as I was in the pool with them. I was calm and was able to keep my eye on all four kids who were all doing their own things in different directions. We had a great time and everyone was safe.

Rachel came home from church today and said, "Trevor said he's going to marry me in front of the whole class". I could tell she was flattered. She talks about marrying boys and boyfriends quite a bit. I hope she doesn't just get more boy crazy as she gets older. She's already got some skills with the boys. One day I walked the kids to school and she was a little upset with me when we got there because I wouldn't let her bring a rolly polly bug to school. So we got there and she went to sit by herself on the playground. Within a couple of minutes she had four boys all around her talking to her.

Today was Father's day. We got Bob a new shaver and a gym bag. And he needed new sandals, but I didn't want to pick them out without him, so the kids drew pictures of sandals on their cards they made and we'll go shopping for sandals soon. Bob was fasting because he had to go to a disciplinary council, so we didn't make him breakfast. But we made him peanut butter cookies yesterday.

No comments: