Sunday, June 28, 2009

June 27

Seth got his first tooth this week. I hadn't even noticed it was coming in. That is about a month earlier than the other kids got theirs. But now his other tooth has bee trying to come in since then and that one has made not sleep so well. He's also sitting up pretty well. That is going to be nice to be able to set him up with toys and let the kids play around him.

I finished a redesign of the pools website I did a couple of years ago. The owners of the company are in our ward. I also am supposed to start soon on two other websites one for a phone installation company in Utah and one for a nonprofit in GA. Both of them heard about me from other people I did sites for. The design part of websites is fun, it just takes a little more time. But I should make some good money.

I signed Aaron up for preschool in the fall. So he'll go to 2 years of preschool; the other kids only did one. I'm hoping it'll help him with the tantrums and keep him more occupied. And I realized he's only 2 months younger than Rachel was when she started preschool, his birthday is just after the cutoff. So it'll also be nice to have 2 mornings a week when it's just me and Seth. That'll be nice for grocery shopping and errands.

The kids have been playing with the Dean kids a lot this summer. Their oldest, CJ, has been in Danny's playgroup all year, but we just realized that their girl, Savannah, who is six months younger than Rachel and will go into kindergarten in the fall, plays great with Rachel. And they have a boy who is one year younger than Aaron, so they don't play together much, but enough. And then we both have babies a month apart, so it's been great to trade the three oldest kids back and forth. And I really like Kata, their mom. She reminds me of Amanda.

My back has been feeling great! And I love going to the new gym I just signed up at. They built a Gold's gym about 5 minutes away. I've been doing yoga and swimming laps so far. Then I'm still walking and doing physical therapy exercises. I've just been in heaven getting to do so much. I feel really blessed. Amanda and her husband just did a triathlon, and now I want to do one too. There's a triathlon sprint in Las vegas in October. I think I might be able to do it. And if I have to walk instead of run or just go slow, that's fine with me, I just think it would be lots of fun. I never was interested in triathlons before, mostly because I don't like swimming. But I don't love biking either. But now I realize I can't just do one thing, I need to get everything strong and not overuse anything. I'm going to see how my exercising goes over the next month and pray about it some more. But it's at least fun to think about.

We leave this thursday for our vacation in Midway. We'll have a great time. I just need to get all the packing and laundry and house cleaning done before we go. My mom will come back and stay with us for a few days after, so I don't want to come home to a messy house.

No comments: