Sunday, February 7, 2010

February 7

Seth and I were sick this week. He got the cold first and then I followed. It was pretty hard to be sick and have to take care of a sick baby at the same time. Thankfully none of the other kids got it.

We've been having a great time with Valentines day around here. I got a bunch of decorations from Target and for FHE we had a family heart attack. We cut out 30 hearts and everyone wrote something they love about everyone else in the family. Then we taped them up all over the kitchen. I love it. I think I want to make that a tradition.

I've been doing the 14 days of Valentines for Bob. I tried last year, but it kind of fizzled out before Valentines. This year I started with more of a plan, so that helped. Most of them have been a little corny, but fun little gifts. I gave him a six pack of crush soda and said I had a crush on him and made some heart-shaped cookies and used window chalk to write all over his windows. I made him heart-shaped eggs and toast and bacon this weekend. It's been fun.

Aaron has also been doing "the secret valentine". I made some cards that say the kids names and then we've had different treats like cookies and suckers and Aaron hides them for everyone else to find. He's put them in Danny and Rachel's lunchbox and on their pillows and at their seat at the table. Danny and Rachel are both baffled. They don't know who the secret valentine is. It's been really fun to watch Aaron while he does it.

Bob took Rachel to the Daddy Daughter dance at her school this week. They both loved it. I'm glad they have that fun activity for the girls. I took both Rachel and Aaron on dates this weekend. Aaron went to McDonalds and Rachel and I went to buy nail polishes. Bob took Danny to the Rebel v. BYU basketball game.

No comments: