Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 1, 2011

In a Relief Society lesson a few weeks ago the teacher challenged us to learn better how the Holy Ghost talks to us. I knew that's something I should do. I know that Heavenly Father listens and answers all my prayers. I just don't always hear the answers very well. I love getting blessings because then I can hear with my physical ears and spiritual ears and I'm confident I hear the answer correctly that way. But I really want to be better at hearing and obeying promptings and answers to prayer.

Seth is sick AGAIN. Ruby also had a fever for two nights, but no runny nose or much grumpiness. Seth has a bad cold. I know I can get through another bad sickness because I was helped through the last one a few weeks ago, even though it was really hard. But I really don't want to. And I don't want Seth to have to go through that. I can't help him very well or give him the love and attention he needs when he's sick when I need to take care of Ruby too. So last night I prayed fervently with Seth and alone that Heavenly Father would help us and Seth to heal, that the cold won't turn into an ear infection and that he won't feel as down as he did last time. But I know if I can't have it the way I want it and it gets really bad again, Heavenly Father will help me through that. Then today Seth looks horrible. Bob stayed home to help me. But Seth hasn't gotten a fever yet. I started worrying for tomorrow when Bob has to go back to work. I know Heavenly Father answered my prayer last night, but I wasn't sure I heard that answer. As I was thinking and praying about that, the primary song "I Pray in Faith" came to my mind and got stuck there. I kept hearing the line, "He hears and answers me when I pray in faith" over and over. I realized that was a wonderful confirmation that Heavenly Father had heard me and answered me. He wasn't going to tell me exactly what would happen to Seth, but he'd heard me and was taking care of things as they should be. So I still don't know how bad things will get, but they are in His hands and he will grant my requests if that is best.

No comments: