Sunday, April 3, 2011

April 3, 2011

We didn't move in this weekend. They had paperwork problems. They said it might be this week, we'll know more in the next few days. We're sure hoping it'll work this weekend because the next weekend I'll be gone and then after that is Easter, when everyone is coming. But this weekend my mom can't come and BJ and Kata are going to be out of town. So I'll have to find lots of help with the kids. Hopefully Seth will be ok because there aren't that many people he likes to go to. We went swimming there this weekend. The house is empty now and the kids loved running around in all that space!

Danny's birthday was yesterday. He's 9. I can't believe it. He's such a great boy. Here are some of the things I said about him on our family blog:
Danny is such a great boy. He's a hard worker and loves to go at 100% when he gets into things. His current loves are baseball, cub scouts, playing with his best buddy CJ, school, and riding bikes.

He has a strong testimony and sense of right and wrong. He tries so hard to live the gospel. He's a great example in our family. He's patient and loving with his younger brothers and sisters. He takes good care of them and loves to organize big games and projects with them.

Conference was great this weekend. I missed quite a bit from trying to watch it with five kids in the room, so I'll have to go back and watch it again. But there was so much that I needed to hear. I've been working since the beginning of the year at being better at finding needs and serving others, but I feel like I still have so far to go to be good at it. So I was really praying I'd learn more about how I can do better at that from conference. This year is the 75th anniversary of the Welfare program, so there were tons of talks about service. I got so many good ideas!

I was also praying about how I can help my family more. And last week I got the prompting to assign each family member to a day of the week and focus on that one in my prayers and actions. I'm excited to try that out. I think it'll really help me to do a better job.

No comments: