Sunday, April 24, 2011

April 27, 2011

We're in our new house! We moved in last weekend, April 16. It's been a whirlwind. We found out that week on Monday that we were going to get to sign papers on Thursday. So I boxed and moved over a lot of things that week. Then Thursday night Ruby and I flew to Utah. Bob had bought me tickets a few months before to go stay with Wendy and go to a Power of Moms retreat. We just had no way of knowing that that weekend would end up being when we would move too. So I gave Bob a map of where I wanted the furniture to go and my mom made plans to come out Friday night to help with the kids while Bob moved our things.

My trip to Utah was great. The flights were smooth with Ruby. She was great the whole trip. It was so much fun to get to spend time with Wendy at her new house in Draper. I love that girl! And Saturday we went to the retreat at Linda and Richard Eyre's home in Park City. I was excited to go to the retreat for a lot of reasons. They Eyres are amazing and my friend April Perry was going to be there because she organizes the whole thing. And it was fun to be in the same place with so many amazing people. And Wendy has a nursing baby too so it was nice to have someone else to stand in the back with when the babies got tired of sitting. I learned a lot of things for our family. I'll try to remember to put some of them in here when I get my notebook out sometime.

Bob did a great job while I was gone getting us moved over. And it was so wonderful having my mom here for the whole spring break. We took turns watching kids and putting things away and cleaning. I got the whole house unpacked in that week because she was here. I still need to decorate and organize a little, but almost all our boxes are gone. And the extra space here is incredible. Ruby is doing so well in her own room. And we just have so much space to spread out! We all absolutely love it. The kids love their rooms and the pool. They swam every day of spring break even though it was a little cold.

All my family came for Easter weekend and to see our new house. That was fun to be with everyone and having enough room for everyone was an amazing feeling. We had a good time with everyone. Easter got downplayed quite a bit this year because I just couldn't do much more with all the moving stuff, but next year we'll do better with traditions and focusing on the Savior's resurrection.

We got our other house rented last week also. The first person who looked at it wanted it. What a blessing. So Bob spent most of Easter weekend cleaning up and fixing our old house to get it ready for the renters who moved in this Tuesday.

Now we're trying to get into our regular routine in our new house. I'm chipping away at projects and trying to get my websites finished.

No comments: