Sunday, December 11, 2011

December 11, 2011

Soccer is over and basketball has started.  We had another sports filled day yesterday.  The boys both had a great soccer season.  And Danny's first basketball game yesterday was great.  He scored 2 baskets.  It was pretty fun to watch. 

I think I'm pretty much done with all my christmas shopping.  I'm so glad because it is a lot of work to figure out what everyone wants and then try to spend about the same and in budget on everyone and make sure everyone gets about the same number of things under the tree.  I went pretty over budget this year.  I started out over budget because I decided I was going to use some of the extra website money I made last month to get Bob an Ipad. I'm so excited about it.  He would never ask for something like that and he won't really like that I spent that much on it, but he'll love it.  And I hope that the kids get things they'll love and will feel fairly equal. 

This year the kids drew names for who they would get presents for again.  But this year we decided they'd make presents for each other instead of buying them. So I took the kids all out of school one afternoon each to buy materials and make their gifts.  It's been awesome.  The kids are so excited and they're all making great things.

We got some names from an eagle scout project angeltree and had the kids pick out gifts for those kids.  And Bob's work is sponsoring several homeless teenagers. So we're going to target tomorrow and having the kids each buy at least one thing with their own money for the teenagers.

No comments: