Sunday, May 19, 2013

May 19, 2013

Bribes didn't work.  I'm going to wait a few months to try potty training Ruby again. 

I was reading a talk on Revelation by Bednar last night.  The one about light.  And as I was reading it I had the thought that I need to start communicating with Dustin.  So I sent him an email.  I can't imagine he'll write me back, actually I don't even know if he'll read the whole thing.  But I think I'll try to send him an email every couple weeks and see how that goes.

Here's today's email:



Did you hear there were fires right by Ryan’s house? I just saw it on facebook, but it was so close to Jeremy’s school they had to go pick him up early.  I made ginger crinkles today. Do you like those? I think I’ve made them before, but it must have been a long time ago because my kids didn’t remember them.  They all liked them pretty well.

We have 2 ½ weeks left of school.  Then everything gets crazy. It’s so hard sometimes to entertain 5 kids all day. I’m trying to psyche myself up for it.  We’re coming to mom’s on June 7th for a week.  We’ve come right after school gets out for the last 2 or 3 years so it’s kind of becoming a tradition.  That’s been when all those frogs are all over the place down the street from mom’s.  My kids love that.  Hopefully the frogs will cooperate and be there again this year.  Las Vegas is getting a water slide park this year.  It’s crazy a hot place like this hasn’t had one.  We bought season passes to keep us entertained.  But now I’m getting worried that that is all of Las Vegas’s plans for the summer because everyone I talk to has bought season passes.  Hopefully it’s not way to crowded.

Bob and I are going on a helicopter tour of Las Vegas at night for our anniversary in a couple weeks.  Bob’s always wanted to do that.

No comments: