Sunday, January 12, 2014

January 12, 2013

Christmas was great.  The kids loved all their gifts.  We had a lovely day with just our family.  We did Christmas Eve at the Pettingill's Christmas party and then back to our house with the Deans to act out the Nativity.  Then the day after Christmas, Bob worked a half day and then we drove to Visalia.  Everyone was there. We had a great time there with everyone too.  We went to the beach and rented atvs, and went to the park a lot and went shopping a little.We stayed until New Year's day. We celebrated Kwanzaa again this Christmas break.  Then, since there weren't any good movies out, the kids chose to go to the buffet as their reward and we invited the Deans to go with us.

Danny's middle school basketball team is done.  He had a lot of fun on it, but I'm glad it's over and he can only have one basketball team. Although, soccer tryouts are next week.  But maybe he just won't make it.

Bob and I are going to see the Therapist again mostly about Aaron.  She was really helpful last time I went. She gave me some good consequences and rules to use that have really worked well.  Aaron is doing so much better, but he still has some really hard things like a low self-esteem, quits when he doesn't think he can succeed. I just don't want to fail him, so we're going to see if she has some good ideas for him.

This weekend I went to Arizona again with Amanda and Wendy.  It was fabulous.  We shopped and ate, went to a movie, saw a play, went for walks and sat in the hot tub.  We had a really good time being together.  I love those girls.

We got a new YW presidency.  I got to stay 2nd counselor because of my relationship with a couple inactive beehives.  I'm so glad I get to stay.  I absolutely love my calling and the beehives.

Now I need to really jump back into things and get back into regular life.  I have a lot to catch up with and get some routines going again that I got behind with over the holidays.

I set a few new years resolutions.

Planned out fhe on Sunday nights
Piano-have at least 3 hymns ready to play
game plan for hastening the work
sleep better/more
set up a learning circle in our ward
Pray for kids one a day

No comments: