Sunday, August 16, 2009

August 16

This week went so fast. It seems like two days ago I was writing about my week.

Physical therapy was enlightening, but not helpful this week. I have been having a little more nerve pain. It started about 3 or 4 weeks ago, when we were in Visalia. I had 2 days where I had pretty bad sciatic pain in both legs. I haven't really had much of that--it was new for me. I can't think of what I did that would have set it off, but one time Bob was trying to make Seth stand up and dropped him, so I kind of twisted funny trying to grab him. But now I've been having a little pain and tightness down into my hamstring and calf and that alternates with hip pain. Throughout the day it'll cycle through hip pain, hamstring/calf pain, or no pain at all.

My physical therapists said SI joint pain never goes into the calf and my hip isn't rotating right now anyway. What I have is probably where my torn disc is pinching my nerve. Bummer. I was so close to healing. I had about two months of no pain and was able to do most of what I want to (I never tried running). It was so great. But that was short-lived. So now there isn't much to do for it. I'm hoping it was kind of a fluke and will go away, but my doctor thought it's probably something I have to live with. He said I can have a block done again where they numb the nerve with big needles and that may help. We'll see. Bob's going to give me a blessing today. I was still able to go to yoga and spinning this week and those didn't seem to effect it, it hurt the same after as it did before. And so far, it's not nearly as bad of pain as it was before.

We went bowling and swimming this week. We had fun at both. We went swimming at the Hoeffgens again. And while we were there Seth pooped in the pool. Out of four kids, he's the first one to have done that. His diaper leaked a little so I was frantically scooping it out and then I had to go clean him up. I guess I was spoiled that it never happened before.

Seth had his 6 month appt. this week. He's 20 lbs already. He's quite a chunk to carry around, but so adorable! He's pretty much exactly the same size as Danny was, but 4 lbs heavier than Aaron at the same age.

Rachel had her birthday on Friday. She had 5 girlfriends over and they made necklaces and did their nails, had cake and presents and a pinata, and played musical chairs. It was a fun little party. We went to circle K and got icees and had norwegian pancakes for dinner, as she requested and had a family movie night and watched Mary Poppins. She seemed happy with the day.

Aaron is doing great with keeping his thumb out. He doesn't even try anymore. But his tantrums have definitely increased. They're getting better, but still not fun. I hope it'll all even out soon and he'll be able to cope with stress in new ways in stead of sucking his thumb or throwing a tantrum.

No comments: