Sunday, August 9, 2009

August 9

My hip was hurting more this week so I made an appointment for physical therapy. It didn't really help at all. My hamstring is still really tight. I think I'll have to go again this week. That's a bummer because it costs $75 each time because our insurance doesn't cover it.

Seth got sick this week. It's a pretty bad cold. So we've been up most of the night the last two nights because he can't breathe very well. And he's so sad in the day with his runny nose and puffy eyes. I hope it gets better soon.

The cold started with Aaron, then I got it, then Seth. I realized that Aaron got sick right after he started sucking his thumb again. And before vacation, he got sick when he was sucking his thumb. I was going to just let him suck it and wait a few months until I could figure out my next move because we've failed twice now at keeping it out. But once I realized that Seth and I were sick because Aaron sucks his thumb, that was the last straw! I want to be done with the thumb. So I went to the internet again and found some bitter nail polish stuff that tastes horrible and they can't just lick off easily. We started it on Friday and so far it's been great. On it's website it said to use if for a month straight because a couple of weeks isn't long enough to fully break the habit. So we'll see how it goes. I'm hopeful it'll work.

We had the Deans over for a barbeque last night. We had a great time. The kids played together really well and it was fun for Bob and I to hang out with them.

No comments: