Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2, 2011

We just got back from Ryan's house. My mom and dad and Kristal, Dustin and Grandma Donna all came. We got there on Thursday. The boys went paintballing on Friday and we went to the park. Then on Saturday the girls went shopping at the mall. We watched movies and football and just hung out at Ryan's new big house. We had a good time.

I had a great birthday going out to dinner with friends on Tuesday and then with Bob on Wednesday. Bob and I went to look at furniture and then went to the mall and to dinner at Maggianos.

I don't like doing resolutions just to do them because I usually fail at them. But it is a good reminder to see if I need to be working on anything. So I have two goals:

1 - I'm going to lose my baby weight by Valentine's day and be able to wear my normal clothes again.

2 - I'm going to do better at serving others. I've gotten a little selfish and focused on myself with being pregnant and then having a newborn. So I'm going to pray regularly to recognize needs and make sure I do at least one act of service I feel impressed to do every week. It doesn't have to be anything huge, I don't have the capacity for a lot and I don't want too much stress or to take the focus away from my family, but I want to do something more and be a better example for my kids.

No comments: