Sunday, June 5, 2011

June 5, 2011

I painted my chairs this week. Monday was Memorial Day and Bob was home so he watched the kids inside and I primed and painted for about 6 hours. Then I put a touch-up coat on Wednesday and Friday I touched up a little more and put the gloss on. And now they're in our kitchen. We all love it. And I bought the fabric and sewed the curtains. Bob hung one of the rods yesterday. Our house is starting to look like we live here more permanently.

Monday for Memorial Day we had a bbq and invited Sandy and May and the Kartchners. We had a great time with them. The Kartchners got in the pool too, but it was barely 80 degrees that day and the heater wasn't working so they didn't swim long.

We had a pool guy come and get the pool filter working better this week. Now I need to get the heater people to come look at that and then we should be good to go for the summer. We've had a long spring, which is nice and rare in Las Vegas, but school gets out this week and summer and heat are coming. The kids are excited to swim every day.

The last day of school is this Thursday. I'm leaving with the kids right after school to go stay with my mom for a week. Bob is going to do a bunch of high points in New England from Wed to Saturday. Then Tuesday through Friday the next week he'll be at scout camp. So it'll be nice to be at my mom's instead of home by myself.

No comments: