Sunday, June 26, 2011

June 26, 2011

The kids finished their first week of swimming lessons. They have one more week. Aaron is doing so well. It's so nice to have three good swimmers now. Ruby loves going in the pool. And Seth is getting better at it. He loves playing on the step and is pretty brave there. And he's let us take him off the step a few times in a floaty. We're loving our pool. It's so great to be able to go cool off every day.

The kids all finished tennis yesterday. So we have the rest of the summer off from sports. Bob and I are looking forward to easy Saturdays.

I have an appointment tomorrow with my regular doctor to find out about my breathing. I hope he has some answers for me. I went to my OB this week for my annual appt. and she prescribed a nasal steroid to try in case it is some kind of allergy; and a chest xray.

This Thursday and Friday the kids are going to the Deans' house while Bob and I and Ruby celebrate our 10th anniversary. We're going to go see Lion King at Mandalay Bay and we're going to stay one night at a hotel at Lake Las Vegas. We decided not to go anywhere far because we have Ruby and if we stay here she can sleep in her bed more and have her toys to entertain her and we can get babysitters really easy. So we're just going to go one night away and the other night at home. We've been married 10 years! I love Bobby so much. He's so perfect for me.

The kids' summer goals are going really well. Our Wii broke in Visalia, so we decided that the reward for all of us completing our summer goals will be that we get a new wii. I'm excited that I found a great project for us all to work on for our Serve goal. It's pretty hard to find things the kids can actually do, but I found an agency called Baby's Bounty. They give baby necessities to low-income new moms. And they always need donations. So the kids and I are going to organize a mock baby shower for them to have with their friends. We'll do all kinds of cheesy baby shower games that kids will love. And their friends can bring diapers or other items that we can donate to Baby's Bounty. We all think it will be lots of fun.

Their jobs are going well too. I'm not very good at remembering to enforce dinner jobs, but they're doing their laundry and rooms and Saturday jobs really well.

No comments: