Sunday, March 30, 2014

March 30, 2014

We had a great trip to Disneyland and the Beach a couple weeks ago.  We left Thursday night.  We met my mom at a hotel near disneyland.  We got 2 rooms that were down the hall from each other.  At one point we lost Ruby.  We were sleeping with the boys in one room and the girls in the other.  I had left our room to take toothbrushes to the boys.  Ruby had stayed in the girls room with my mom.  We didn't know she could open the door and my mom didn't notice when she went out looking for me, but by then I was already in the boys room so I couldn't hear her and her door shut and locked so she was stuck in the hallway.  Someone found her crying in the hall and took her down to the front desk.  Just as I had come back to our room and was asking my mom where Ruby was, the front desk called and said they had Ruby.  We were so thankful.

We got up early and went to California Adventures on Friday.  We had a great day.  It wasn't too crowded and the weather was great.  It was nice to have my mom there to take Ruby to the small rides when she couldn't go on the bigger rides.  She was one inch under the 40 inch requirement for a lot of rides.  Everyone had such a great time.  Seth and Ruby loved it and neither of them even needed a nap.  We stayed until 9 at night and then drove to Ryan's house.

We got up the next morning and went to the beach.  Everyone had fun playing.  The three oldest took the boogie boards out.  The boys did it for a little while, but Rachel stayed out for an hour or 2.  She loved it and didn't even notice how freezing it was.  Ryan and Danny caught a large fish.  But when they got it home to clean it they realized it was a pregnant fish when the babies started falling out of it.  She had 38 babies inside.  It was pretty entertaining.  Sunday we went to church and had lunch and drove home.

This week Bob took Seth and Ruby to Virginia to visit his Grandparents.  They left Tuesday morning and they get back tonight, Sunday.  It's been nice to have 7 hours while the kids are in school to do whatever I want.  I went to the temple and shopping and the gym.  It was nice to be able to pick up and go and not have to plan it all out and have it take longer.  We've facetimed with them everyday.  But I'm so glad they are coming home tonight.  I really miss those people.  It helped me decide I'm not ready to put Ruby in preschool in the fall.  I signed her up for 3 year old preschool because I thought she would love it, but I want her home with me one more year. We'll just have to plan fun things for us at home.

No comments: