Sunday, April 15, 2012

April 15, 2012

Bob and I went to the temple on Thursday.  We fasted that day and going into the temple we both felt like it was ok for us to be done having babies and we should focus on raising and teaching the kids we have.  That was confirmed for us in the temple.  It's a little sad to think about not having babies in the house, but even if we had one more, it would still come to an end at some point.  But I just need to focus on this amazing ride with my kids. It continues to change, but every stage is new and better in some way. And it's kind of exciting to think about not having to take care of a time-intensive baby or to be able to go places and walk in next to my kids instead of carrying my kids.

In preparing to go to the temple I read through my journals from when Bob and I dated.  That helped me a lot.  It helped me remember I need to be better at researching my choice and then making a decision.  I want to do what the Lord wants me to so badly that lots of time I try to just wait for Him to tell me what to do.

We had a good Spring Break.  It wasn't warm enough to swim, but it was nice.  We went to the Springs Preserve, Flip n Out, Ward Easter Party, we made crafts and rented several movies. My parents went to Casey's for Easter, but they stopped quickly at our house on either side of their visit.  It was nice to see them.

I got the girls' easter dresses and my skirt made in time.  I was going to make the boys some ties, but I ran out of time so I just bought them matching ties.  It was so fun to see my girls in the dresses I made.  I was really happy with the way they turned out.

I've still been having a hard time staying on budget.  So Bob and I had a financial meeting for one of our dates this weekend.  It was good to talk over everything with him.  I think one thing that is making it harder for me to save money is that I'm so busy, so rather than spend the time to think about whether or not to buy something, I just buy it.  So Bob and I set the budget and Bob also came up with a great incentive for me to do better.  Every month when I stay at least within 20% of our budget, Bob will stay home on a Friday instead of going to his second job and I get that whole day to do whatever I want.  I think that sounds awesome. I think that will help motivate me a ton!

My mom is going to watch the kids for us for a week in July so we can go on our late 10 year anniversary trip.  We were going to go to New York.  But it's going to be so hot and humid in July and it was going to take so much time to research everything and plan what we wanted to do, that I think we're just going to go on a caribbean cruise instead. I'm really excited about that.

No comments: